Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
Our team has participated in well over $1 billion in negotiated corporate acquisitions and divestitures, advising various parties in leveraged and unleveraged stock purchases, asset purchases, redemptions and recapitalizations, buyouts, acquisitions of joint-venture stakes and other corporate transactions in the in the United States, Argentina, Bahrain, Brazil, Colombia, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Kuwait, Mexico, the Netherlands, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, and Venezuela, as well as proposed transactions in many other countries.
The following are among the recent transactions in which our firm or its founder have acted as counsel:
- Advise principal investments arm of bulge-bracket investment bank on proposed private equity investment (Latin America / Carribean – undisclosed);
- Schwartz recently advised a major infrastructure group on a potential buyout of a stake in a South American infrastructure joint venture (undisclosed);
- Advising a New York Stock Exchange-listed company on Latin American legal aspects of its acquisition of a target with operations in Brazil, Mexico and El Salvador;
- Assisting a portfolio company of Blackstone Capital Partners III, L.P. on the proposed sale of its Hispanic business to another private equity fund;
- Advising Corporación América Sudamericana S.A. in its acquisition of a stake in Aeropuertos Argentina 2000, from Covanta Energy Corporation;
- Advising a buyout firm on a bid for the Mexican assets of a division of a Fortune 200 consumer products company;
- Advising the controlling shareholder of Aeropuertos 2000 in its acquisition of a beneficial stake in the company from Ogden Corporation;
- Advising the controlling shareholders of a major Latin American agricultural commodity firm in a private shareholder consent solicitation in connection with a proposed management buyout;
- Advising an Argentine management group in the buyout of Argentine oil-drilling operations from a major natural resources company;
- Advising a Colombian agro-industrial group in the acquisition of a Venezuelan feed plant operation;
- Advising Argentine sellers in the spin-off of a courier business to interests.